Tranquillity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
mating no birthing no
Nanaimo 2 2
Palartok 3 2
Setting
The two packs are based in the Canadian and Alaskan regions, during the 1960s. They thrive, no matter the conditions or disasters which they are struck with. In sticky situations, they pull through as one. Neither distance nor time can stop them. Do you wish to join them on their adventure?
Time and Weather
LATE AFTERNOON

Nanaimo Territory the area is less elevated, therefore wind is calm and the snow has thinned out

Palartok Territory snow is still somewhat deep, but traveling is not as difficult as before. Springtime will be delayed in this area

Freelands wind is still harsh as always, though snowfall has steadied out and is not so abrupt as before
Staff

Milena - Founder/admin

Sambhur - Admin

Not sure who to ask for help?
MOTM
Shoutbox
Vote For Us
AFFILIATES / 3 open

RavensbrückRize - A Multi Species Animal RPNew Species? Iyn7maSomersetBannerFans.com

New Species?

2 posters

Go down

New Species? Empty New Species?

Post  Milena Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:35 am

SO

I was going through some old folders today when I found some dingo characters, which got me thinking - what are your opinions on extending the allowed species to some other wild dogs? So far we allow basically every known wolf, but how about adding the Maned Wolf and perhaps Dingoes? If not them, maybe some other ones?

Discuss, I'm really keen to know your opinions.

Last edited by Milena on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Milena
Milena
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

New Species? Empty Re: New Species?

Post  Sköll Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:47 am

It would be cool if some characters could be dogs or something like that.
Adding more species such as Coyotes, Dingoes, and Jackals would be nice. :\ I am cool with the ideas, but please don't start adding extinct species (Dire Wolves). It seems to go out of control when a site looses the realistic factor about it.
Sköll
Sköll
Pup
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Milena Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:48 am

Haha no way, we definitely draw the line at Dire Wolves. Regarding the dogs..since they are domesticated animals which aren't really adapted to harsh living conditions, having them wouldn't work out. However, a good idea might be hybrids? Half dog half wolf, or quarter wolf three quarter dog (either way it doesn't matter, as long as they have some of those genetics in them). Hybrids do actually exist, so what do you think of that? The only thing is, there's no way I'm allowing wolf x shih tzu's to be running around in roleplay. I think we'd have to keep it so that the following dogs would be allowed:

• Alaskan Malamute
  • Siberian Husky
  • German Shepherd
  • Bohemian Shepherd
  • Dutch Shepherd Dog

Basically dogs which already possess similar appearances and physical strengths to wolves, that way breeding etc. wouldn't create problems. What do you think about that?

Now that I consider it though, wolves and coyotes don't really get along though do they? I'm still really into the whole dingo idea, because I mean heck they're from Australia and we're set in North America it would be interesting. We'll have to think about that in more depth, hmm.
Milena
Milena
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sköll Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:08 am

Ah, yes, the hybrid idea is cool. It sounds fun Smile
Sköll
Sköll
Pup
Pup