Tranquillity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
mating no birthing no
Nanaimo 2 2
Palartok 3 2
Setting
The two packs are based in the Canadian and Alaskan regions, during the 1960s. They thrive, no matter the conditions or disasters which they are struck with. In sticky situations, they pull through as one. Neither distance nor time can stop them. Do you wish to join them on their adventure?
Time and Weather
LATE AFTERNOON

Nanaimo Territory the area is less elevated, therefore wind is calm and the snow has thinned out

Palartok Territory snow is still somewhat deep, but traveling is not as difficult as before. Springtime will be delayed in this area

Freelands wind is still harsh as always, though snowfall has steadied out and is not so abrupt as before
Staff

Milena - Founder/admin

Sambhur - Admin

Not sure who to ask for help?
MOTM
Shoutbox
Vote For Us
AFFILIATES / 3 open

RavensbrückRize - A Multi Species Animal RPSköll's bizarre introduction to Inka (closed) Iyn7maSomersetBannerFans.com

Sköll's bizarre introduction to Inka (closed)

2 posters

Go down

Sköll's bizarre introduction to Inka (closed) Empty Sköll's bizarre introduction to Inka (closed)

Post  Milena Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Plot: Sköll's bizarre introduction to Inka.
Participants: Sköll, Inka.

Last edited by Milena on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Milena
Milena
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Sköll's bizarre introduction to Inka (closed) Empty Re: Sköll's bizarre introduction to Inka (closed)

Post  Sköll Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:52 am

Beautiful.

It was the first thing that the male thought when he looked around. White snow blanketed the lands and beautiful snowflakes glistered in the little sunlight that was able to make it through the grey clouds in the sky, making the place look a lot prettier than it really was. These thoughts were somewhat vague to Sköll because he wasn’t the type of wolf to actually judge an area by its looks. In fact, he wouldn’t even choose a noun to describe a certain type of area, for he would be too busy searching for a pack. What if he found a pack? Would he pick a noun to describe the area then? No. He would still be too busy. The brute was certain that he would get a rank that would require a lot of concentration. Any other rank would be futile to him because he is a wolf that spends a lot of time doing his work. If that is what his Alpha or Alphess would be pleased by. Confusion started to settle into the brute’s mind, for he was thinking about his future too much. He needed to think about the present, and only think about the future when it becomes the present. Sköll shook his mind free of anything but his main objective; the offering for the leader.

It was only traditional for a lone wolf to bring their future leaders an offering. Only to Sköll, that is. At this time of the year, food would be the best offering, since it was so scarce during winter. Lowering his head to the ground, Sköll inhaled softly, trying to catch a scent of prey. Nothing. The brute wasn’t a quitter and decided to travel more inland. The lands were foreign to Sköll, for he originated from a place completely different from the lands he was traveling in now. Giving a soft sigh, he continued to trot north.

It didn’t take long for the skyscraping mountains to come into view. He was lost, and there was nothing he could do about it. The land continued to deceive him, and there was nothing he could do about that also. Frustration began to build up inside of the male, and the feeling was something that he normally didn’t show. However, no wolf could possibly be near him so no one could watch. A loud growl echoed out of Sköll’s throat when he lifted his snout to the sky. Barking several times into the sky, the irritated brute snapped at the snowflakes that were once described as beautiful inside of his mind. Calm down. Sköll breathed to the silence of the… he couldn’t even tell if it was day or night. The ebony male stared at the mound that was a few feet away from him, knowing that he had seen a moving creature on top of it when he looked at the corner of his eye. Intrigued, the male pursued the moving entity, praying that it was another wolf that was familiar to the lands.

Raven black paws took him to the mound in no time. He didn’t have a hard time climbing the hill too. Mixed matched eyes stared at the Canadian lynx in envy, seeing that it had better luck finding prey. The snow on the hill was crimson, and the Canadian lynx’s paws and snout were the same color. It had a hare inside of its jaws. Sköll sniffed the air, confirming that the hare was fresh and that it would make a great offering. The brute watched attentively as the lynx dropped its prey on the floor then groomed itself. A bark erupted from Sköll’s throat and he made himself visible. He towered over the lynx, his tail raised in dominance. The cat hissed while humping its back, its claws pulling the rabbit the opposite way of Sköll. Not in the mood to fight the feline, the brute lunged for the rabbit then tried his best to dodge the lynx’s attacks. Unfortunately, Sköll predicted wrong about the lynx and got slashed across the leg. Refusing to yelp in pain, Sköll dashed down the hill and left the lynx yowling. His ebony paws were just too quick for the feline and there was no possible way that it could keep up. Ignoring the urge to attack the feline, Sköll followed his nose to a faint wolf scent. It was hard to tell if it was a wolf scent because of the blood and ice on his nose. But he was there now, and he was not going back.
Sköll
Sköll
Pup
Pup

Back to top Go down

Sköll's bizarre introduction to Inka (closed) Empty Re: Sköll's bizarre introduction to Inka (closed)

Post  Milena Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:21 am

Inka
A distressed yowl sounded through the forest, one which she had heard many times before – that of the Canadian Lynx. Many times she had come across the Lynx, the furry tufts on its ears and short rounded tail making it hard to miss. Nothing about its wail particularly rose any interest or significance to the she-wolf, if it were not for the fact that Lynxes very rarely leave or wander far from the forests tree line, and yet this one seemed to be calling out from in the open area.

Approaching the large dell, the female tentatively peered out from behind the high icy trees, her senses telling her that the breeze here was a great deal calmer and more welcoming to her. With a pounce she jumped into the ever so deep snow, closing her eyes tightly as it engulfed her from the shoulders down. With low grunts she threw herself forward, pushing hard through the snow while at the same time keeping her head above it. It wasn't an easy task for a fragile wolf like herself – it took most of the little strength she did have to break down the layers of snow. It hadn't been more than a couple minutes until she made it to the end, and by the time she cut through the last part, her heart was pounding and she was wheezing, her chest having endured such pressure against it that her air passages felt blocked. The female weakly turned, mystified as to why so much snow had gathered in one specific area.

By the time Inka had regained enough strength to hold her balance to keep her from tottering over, a sprinting wolf came into her view. Whether or not he had noticed her, she was yet to find out. It traveled with such urgency, its shaggy dark pelt making it look like a tumbling ball of fuzz. With all that set aside, the female couldn't understand what it was doing in her territory, let alone running for its life. “Hold it right there,” she rumbled loudly. Straightening up, the female advanced towards him effortlessly, as if she didn't just have to break through mounds of bitter frost. Her expression was menacing, if there were any animals around they would've darted off at the sight of her. “What are you doing? Here?” she said with a snarl. The she-wolf had no intentions of scaring this male away, only of letting him know who was boss – if he hadn’t already added one and one that was. She half expected that he'd notice her scent marks all around this specific area.

Last edited by Milena on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milena
Milena
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sköll Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 am

(Sorry that it is so short. Dx I needed to get it done while it was quiet in my house. Really sorry Inka.)

Attentive ears perked slightly to the sound of a feminine voice, the tall brute turning around to face the she-wolf. Dropping his prey on the ground, he watched as she quickly came closer to him. Becoming aware of the female’s dominance, the brute bowed to her, the rabbit lying in front of his nose. His ears flicked backwards at words and his posture was changed completely. Licking the frozen blood and ice off of his maw, the male stared at the offering before him then addressed the female. ”I’ve come here in search of a pack, m’lady.” He began simply as the white snow built up on his back and began to contrast with his raven colored pelt. Sniffing the air he noticed the female’s scent mark. It wasn’t heavy though, but it was still there. ”I’ve noticed that you’ve marked these lands, and I’ve trespassed. I apologize, for my nose was covered with blood and ice and that made it almost impossible for me to smell.” The rough winter winds wrestled the brute’s fur and his paws became numb. ”My name is Sköll, ma’am.” He said softly. In a crouching position, he nudged the rabbit to the she-wolf’s paws then backed up. Eager mix matched eyes stared curiously at the female, wondering what was she going to say next.
Sköll
Sköll
Pup
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Milena Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:15 am

Inka
(Not to worry, your post isn’t even short!)

The female’s keen, sharp eyes kicked in upon further examination of the dazed lone wolf. As he spoke she cautiously studied him, his bicoloured eyes looking over her fearlessly in return. A bloodstained and icy maw indicated to the she-wolf that this male had most likely been the one to disturb the Lynx earlier. As her interest in him gradually grew, she noticed a rabbit lying limply on the ground before him - its short tail and tanned body painted with a thin coat of blood.

“I’ve come here in search of a pack, m’lady,” he said as she padded around him, sniffing him from every angle yet keeping her distance. The wolf was larger than her, not by a lot, but she couldn’t stay oblivious to the fact that he could overturn her at any given moment, with very little effort on his behalf. The female made a full circle around him just as he had begun speaking again, although she remained silent. The tip of his almost black and not-so-bloodstained muzzle jerked a couple times as he breathed in the chilly air. “I’ve noticed that you’ve marked these lands, and I’ve trespassed. I apologise. My name is Sköll ma’am,” the male said soon afterwards.

Intelligent eyes followed that of the male’s as he nudged the considerably plump rabbit without any second thoughts towards her. In the process he had lowered himself to the ground, his unkempt fur brushing along the snow only slightly. Inka stared down at his offering, before willingly pawing at it as its own weight forced it to roll over. A nice and welcomed surprise this little thing was, hey? Drawing in a breath the female lifted her head up, her right paw still firmly placed on the rabbit. “Thank you very much,” she said with a cool, neutral tone. The she-wolf had no reason to be angered by this male, and despite him traveling through her territory without permission, it didn’t really matter because he had, after all apologised formally.

Ah, and finally, a wolf which wished to join a pack...this could work. With a sudden jolt of her head, the female signalled for Sköll to pick up the dead prey before it would freeze and turn into a frosted rabbit before them. “I’m Inka, and for now you shall follow me back into my territory,” she emphasised the ‘my’ so that he would be aware that she was the alpha of these lands – and with that, the female began strolling away, knowing she now had the company of another.
Milena
Milena
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sköll Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:16 am

Assertive ears twitched slightly to the female’s actions, his eyes seeing that she was rather skeptical of his appearance and/or reasons for being there. Watching carefully as she circled him at a reasonably far distance, the male’s right ear elevated while the left stayed at his default position. Inconsistent eyes didn’t seemed too astounded by her sudden change of mind, knowing that he would only choose the wolves he would clash with, and the dominant female before him wouldn’t be one of them. Before he apologized, the female was snarling at him. But now she was circling him, holding a neutral expression on her face. Acknowledging her dubious circling, Sköll hesitated to move, knowing that with the female’s skeptical actions, any inessential movements would probably lead to violence; something that the male didn’t feel like stepping into at the moment. Sköll watched anxiously as the female stared at his offering, his attention more attracted to her movements. Seeing that she was pleased, his tail wagged slightly. ”Thank you very much,” The cold snow started to bury the male, but he didn’t mind. ”You shall follow me back to my territory,” Sköll noticed how she bolded out the ‘my’ in her words, finally concluding that she is the Alphess. ”Yes ma’am” Sköll stood up slowly then shook all of the snow off of his coat, watching as Inka walked off, leading the path to the pack lands. Bending over to pick up the rabbit, he followed the Alphess to the pack lands. His new life, began now.
Sköll
Sköll
Pup
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Milena Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:04 am

Inka
For a while the two padded in silence, Sköll being unable to speak with the rabbit stuffed in his mouth. The she-wolf planned on sparking a conversation, but she didn’t know where to begin. Her feelings towards the male were not yet clear and as for her opinion, well, that was still a jumble of mixed thoughts. He did seem reasonable though, and his actions engrossed her. She wanted to know more about him - after all, who knew how long the two would be living together with only the entertainment of one another?

Without realising it the snow had calmed down and it now fell lightly. The weather was proving easy to travel in, for once. There was no doubt that this was because they were reaching lower ground. Soon the two would be at the Ogilvie Mountains, and the realisation of this made the female subconsciously set a faster pace. The she-wolf was now almost running, but not quite – her steps fast and small.

“So Sköll,” she began, her voice firm. The black male had no idea that Inka didn’t rule a pack, but as of now there was a slim chance that she might. “I’ve marked these lands as mine, but right now there is no pack under me, so what do you think on helping me out? I’ve been wishing to start a pack for a while, it has just been a matter of time - waiting for a trivial event to occur and then make something out of it,” the female spoke loud enough so that Sköll would catch onto every word. It did not occur to her to perhaps offer him the position of being second-in-command, for she didn’t know him well enough. In her mind, he was a mere traveller who could join her, at least that was what she currently saw. “Right,” Inka murmured with a sigh to herself after noticing once more that he was unable to speak. With a tilt of her head, she stared at him plainly, keen on seeing what his reaction would be.

Last edited by Milena on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milena
Milena
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sköll Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:55 am

✩ Sköll  ✩ - Is now following Inka to the Ogilvie Mountains
The winter winds seemed to refrigerate the rabbit in his mouth nicely, so no apparent stench seemed to come from it. Sköll noticed the relaxation of the snowfall and, although Inka’s destination was unknown to him, he predicted that they were heading to another area. Looking to the left, he saw less-elevated lands with light snow. A bald eagle soared through the sky, cawing. It was high in the sky, but its presence annoyed the male. Deciding that it would be best to look away, Sköll looked to what was before him. A shocked expression strucked his eyes and on hurried paws, he finally caught up to Inka. Sköll trotted silently beside her, taking a quick glance before at her focusing on the land before them.

He looked at her eagerly as she started a conversation, wondering what she was going to say. There couldn’t be much to talk about, for they have just met and have not found each other’s likes or dislikes, strengths or weaknesses. Although this was true, he still listened closely to Inka’s words. Noticing that she murmured something unknown after a few seconds, Sköll watched as she tilted her head, eagerly waiting on what was he going to say.

Bending over to place the rabbit on the snow, Sköll thought about his words, for he didn’t want to say anything bluntly. ”It will be my pleasure to help you build your pack.” He began simply. ”Perhaps I could travel with you to the borders of the pack when loners arrive, or help you with any conflicting wolves. I am at your assistance when you need me.”  Sköll said with a soft smile, waiting for her reply.
Sköll
Sköll
Pup
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post  Milena Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Inka
(I'm going to post this here, but your next post can be the last before I make a new thread in the Mountains)

With earnest and eager attention, she watched the larger male drop the rabbit on the ground. The she-wolf liked how at this very moment, she had power over him. Whether it was a lot or a little didn’t really matter, the simple sensation made her satisfied. Yet this feeling was not to be mistaken with greed, for Inka was everything but greedy.

For a moment Sköll seemed to ponder and think about what she had said to him, and the female took this as an opportunity to look him over again. His peculiar eyes interested her – was he born with bi-coloured eyes or what?

“It will be my pleasure to help you build your pack,” he said, making Inka snap out of her trance. Though normally holding a serious and professional persona, she’d become totally enveloped in him. She didn’t mean anything by it, really, although the black male probably found it a bit weird.

As Sköll finished his sentence, the she-wolf gave a gratified huff followed by a simple reply, “sounds good to me.” There was nothing either of them had to say to one another, so continuing with a shrug, Inka bent before the male as she quickly picked up the prey in her sharp jaws. She wanted to cut him the male some slack, and make him feel at least somewhat welcome here, so perhaps by not ordering him around for now that might do the trick. However, in the process she had discovered that Sköll would obey her orders, whether or not he agreed with them or not. Well he did before at least. Which was good – a loyal first member was the perfect way she imagined her pack to start off.

After a few minutes of silence, their brisk trots made them arrive at the misty mountains in no time. “Oh hey, look Sköll. These are the Ogilvie Mountains. I think you’ll like it here,” she muffled through the rabbit, her words slurring. She knew he probably caught onto about only one of those words, but she didn’t care, for the time being she was too happy to. With an excited glance towards the male, she began running energetically. Her arched black back moved smoothly with her swift strides,  and her long and flexible legs pounded quickly against the snowy ground.
Milena
Milena
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down